Insight into key Asia-Pacific electricity and gas markets
Our advisory team has developed a range of energy market models that enable in-depth understanding of electricity and gas markets in the Asia-Pacific region. We have developed least cost planning models, integrated energy models, electricity market simulation models and least cost security-constrained dispatch simulation models for most of the markets in the region. These are based on years of working closely with government agencies, system/market operators, market participants and regulators in the region.
The models we have established for the region have supported decision-making in a range of areas including:
- Economic cost-benefit analysis to support generation and/or transmission investments
- Formulation of power development plans
- Assessments of opportunities to buy, sell and invest assets in competitive electricity markets
- Grid-impact studies to facilitate material changes in technology mix
- Long-range energy sector supply and demand balancing
- Assisting and facilitating in short-term and medium-term trading strategies
- Evaluation of firm energy from generation portfolios with hydro, solar and wind
- Assessing and evaluating the role of battery storage systems in power systems
- Analysis to assess the pros and cons of cross-border power trade projects
- Optimising the operation of isolated regions of power systems
- Matching and sizing distributed generation resources to expected load profiles
- Assessments of generations as an input into electricity tariff setting models
- Facilitating in the development of least-cost grid-extension / electrification studies
If you need to understand how an investment would perform in a specific market in the Asia-Pacific region, our simulation models provide data-driven insights that can inform your decision. Our clients benefit from clean simple reports, without subjective views or inputs – just the facts.
Our modelling team provides simulations for consulting firms and direct clients, as well as our Advisory team.
Energy market models
- Australia (NEM and WEM)
- Greater Mekong Subregion